Creative Differences Live//Performances//International Tour!

Hey Family!
       I've got some new live performance videos to share with you!!  While preparing for the impending May release of Creative Differences, A Split, D.o.drent and I have been performing a lot of shows and open mics.  We've yet to perform the material in a set together on stage, but this material has been in the pocket and on stage long enough that it's really polished.  He and I have recently posted videos shot of our solo songs from the project.  There are two more songs that we have made together (the title track "Creative Differences" that opens the split, and then "Cause & Effect" that closes the album out). We've yet to perform these pieces live together yet but look forward to and will certainly share them if/when they're filmed!
         His two performances of the songs "Walking Nightmare" and "Pawnographic" were shot in Rhode Island at Everett Company Stage during their "Open Stage" event on 3-7-14 and 2-7-14 respectively.  On the album version of "Walking Nightmare" you'll hear me perform a piece I call "Termagant" that I wrote specifically for the close of the song!
        My two songs "Work In Progress" and "Quality Vs. Quarantine"  were shot by my friend Elly Cornwell at an amazing show that I played at Long Island's The Velvet Lounge on 2-28-14!  There is also a short snippet of the aforementioned title track in this video, from the same night: "Creative Differences/Homesick Is Where The Heart Is"  as well as a video of me performing "What's Your Problem?" !  Please watch and share these videos, be sure to give feedback and subscribe to our channels, we could use the support and there is much more visually on the way!

A Word On Live Performance
       Second to writing, performing poetry and music is probably one of my favorite things to do.  The energy that is channeled and shared from the performer, the sharing of your art in a raw way and the connection that there is between the audience and the performer in an ideal way is the most rewarding and exhilarating thing I've come to be familiar with!  In my/the best performances, there are no walls or boundaries between myself and the onlooker, we are connected, our eyes are locked, words are exchange, and each person has a moment that we both know is specifically for them.   
    When people are interacting with the lyrics, singing and shouting back to me, rapping alongside me or coming up on stage to help me make music to perform my words over...we are connected, we are one.  So much love and sincerity passes between us in these moments and that is why I'm out performing 4 and 5 times a week.  I love it, I love people, meeting them and hearing them and giving them a distraction and something to enjoy and remember.  If music is to relate and connect to, then the performance ought to emphasize that and achieve that goal even more than the record does.  I think an album and a performance should be two different experiences.  The recorded project should be refined and everything is great, but the live performance is an opportunity to stray from that, touch the people (literally and figuratively!) in front of you, play around with what exists and make alternative versions of it.  My performances in those videos aren't perfect, and they don't exactly sound like the record, but there is a renewed life given to each song as I'm doing more than dialing into memory and locking into what the song sounded like when we recorded it, I'm using that as source material and tailoring that to what the moment in the venue calls for.  Some people have told me they wish my albums were more like my performances.  One day I may put out a project comprised of live songs, as there is an energy that comes out that far exceeds the precision that an immortalized and crisp recording requires.  Until then, you'll have to come out to an AllOne show! Click here for my updated performance schedule!

AllOne North America Summer tour!
   I'm planning on hitting the road again! Shortly after the May release of Creative Differences I'm planning to embark on a tour that spans nearly two dozen towns/cities around the country and even making my first foray into Canada!  I'm in the prelimenary stages of booking this DIY tour around the country right now for June/July...If you want me to come to your town or have some advice about any of the following cities, please don't hesitate to email me at AllOneVoice@gmail.com

This itinerary has no solid/current dates but has been chosen based on some places I know people/can set up events and where the Megabus will allow me to go, how I can leap-frog from city to city using the bus!  Right now my route is looking something like:
Providence, RI
New York, NY
Boston, MA 
Burlington, VT
Saratoga Springs, NY
Albany, NY
Syracuse, NY
Rochester, NY
Buffalo, NY
Atlanta, GA
Nashville, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Chicago, IL
Detroit, MI
Ontario, Canada
Detroit, MI
Pittsburgh, PA
Philadelphia, PA
New York, NY

"The world a stage? One act play, we won't bow after curtains closing. 
We child actors earn Tony's...Wow factor-in spread smiles past your sadness, 
Pagliacci performed that best! Your role in Wonderland? The Looking Glass a Rorschach test."  
My closing lines from Cause & Effect.
See you from or on the stage I hope!
Love ya'll!
-AllOne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

Album Review: Alexa Dexa's "Year Of Abandon"