DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

DJ BMO aka Kyle Banks, who has been my DJ pretty officially since January 2016, just released his second EP "Phantasy"!  It is a MUST LISTEN! Especially for fans of EDM, Hip-Hop, electronica, dubstep, party music or any good hip hop.  I feel "Phantasy" is an improvement from his already impressive  "Bento Box" EP from last year.  Kyle is one of the most hard working and driven artists I know.  He is always pushing his craft, performing more nights a week than not and often creating new material for these sets constantly.  He rarely plays the same set twice and he is always doing something new and interesting.  Somehow in all the times we've performed together we have yet to collaborate...until now that is!
 On "Phantasy" Kyle remixed Gramatik's "Anima Mundi" for a closing song and did me the honor of asking me to rap on it.  He entrusted me with complete creative freedom. That's a dangerous thing to tell me.  Two weeks of writing and reciting later, I recorded the track with Franky Bones and sent Kyle the track. Luckily, he loves it.  And I do too.  I have provided the lyrics below, with some links to send you on some journeys to my references, some obvious, some a little obscure.  I feel this song sort of puts many of my favorite writing tools to use and I'm really happy with a lot of the new approaches and the journey that happens in the ebbing and flowing dynamics along the three movements in the song.  Grateful that someone like Kyle can make music that can move a crowd and still appreciate the merits of a more niche strain of hip-hop and poetry that can bring the listener on an intellectual and emotional quest.  I feel like we achieved that mobility and engaging experience here and I can't wait for us to collaborate again.







My mind's a blurred array
Of synapse fireworks displays
Immense thought-bubble-wand
Inside a hurricane
F5 Double-helix that is
winding words in ways
A blinding birth of brazen
Writing terms displaced
Kaleidoscope sight
For a sniper's nervous aim
Cause I'm not so precise
shotgun styled bursting brain
Like Kurt, Ernest and Hunter
Never curt while I earnestly hunt a
Curious learned hunger
Curing and earning hung up
humbled feelings by a jury of peers
My journey appears as a flurry of cheers
And injurious jeers am I worthy of ears?
Tearing up at the shared
Judgments of tertiary characters
Nearly thirty this year
It's a strange perspective
when you gain respect and 
your name's mentioned
in the same sentence
as praised legends
making you pay attention
yet it can't pay your rent and then when 
you're at the stage two steps away from your inspirations 
frustrated too few who review invitations
so you're at the stage wanting to step away from inspirations
Okay then...
Cells are bars I'm saying, I'm saying I'm stark raving
Art's a maze I'm locked away in, Lost In Space,
Flood of emotions, washing waves 
With decorative ardor to scar and stain 
an arboretum worth of parchment pages.

Tattoo a Giving Tree with vivid imagery 
continuing its gifts to me
Long after it was split and thieved.
Crystalline chrysalis breed 
butterfly-special-effects that live in me.
LS3D set displays with the letters making "Dedicated"
I max my accounts to invent escapes
Kyle banks on me to keep the bar set high
with Kyle Banks on my side, I guess that I invested right,
BMO? Gear up it's Adventure Time, the pleasure's mine,
assembling lines without assembly lines. 
No synthetic sterilized web of lies for catching flies, 
no ghost writers, though as we create we exorcise 
spinning heads unwind as ideas intertwine. 
we do seek beauty as we lose sleep to dreams
muse speaks we two drink creative juices leaked from the cherub's eyes!
Out of my mind. Out of this world.
Didn't plan it right, I'm saturnine.
Has a ring to it, am I Sadder? Nein! 
Just rarely satisfied Savant ascent to Avant-Asgard highs. 
Had to find my solid ground since
 I saw less solace 'round 
the soulless solitude 
of head-tripping in the thunderclouds.
It goes: "Howdy Bruce how are you?"
to summarize I'm lousy moods, 
sulkily submissive to summits
but how else would a mountain move?
Chased red-herrings through a stream of conscious talent pool.
Fecund head is fertile green with envy
food for thought feeding frenzy
envelopes get seen as lemmings
BMO remix getting you to change your standard speaker settings
this speaker's setting new standards on this beat I'm blessing
Inspiration's a cliffhanger
(What I mean is I can't see its ending!!)


Improvise throughout my envisioned life
til these dreams seem to be incidental,
coincidences in thread twists and ties
of spread decisions intertwined
in a mystifying time line of events and images
loosely connected with my very wishes 
and every whim and yet its gets so convoluted, 
at wits end and with what I'm choosing 
rarely seems to make any sense, 
each and every tether left 
in the ether born of "either/or" questions 
is an essential step requested to ascend to the pinnacle, 
and when inquest obstacles obscure my quest obsessions 
my intended successes tends to feel minuscule. 
Every individual deviating interlude 
in the path's a test, an interview
 begging "what is your single truth?”
and asks the depth it's written into you? 
needing to be explained.
False hopes whittle you, 
forked both crossroads riddle you 
Baby made in '88 maybe dazed, 
dazzling distractions dizzy you 
don't be downtrodden or cynical 
when footsteps on the ground jotted are symbols to
be added to a sound sum, 
an overall image worthy of zooming out from,
not only does it contribute, the journey is, too, the outcome,
Brainstorm Eureka's Castle, a moat made of flow-states.
Exclamation point looks like the light bulb over my "o face" (!)
we round up moments at a slow pace
the momentum on the road taken, 
life is a drive and time is in miles, 
once in a while ideals are stifled in prosaic
idling wiles detours from our goals made,
don't overlook memories 
derived from the wild off oft-beaten 
frequently filed feverishly hiked aisles 
designed to provide you climax, apex, your soles ache
the birds eye view you've climbed to in your old age,
each accomplishment represented by a tile your soul painted 
tired legs you'll see an entire legacy, a gold plated mosaic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

The Power of Artistry (and art's poignancy in quarantine)