When ones' folly is another's fortune

Hello all, waiting on a bench for a train at the Van Dorn St Metro station! A funny thing just happened to me that i felt compelled to share! The walk from my cousin's apartmeent to this station is around 20 minutes uphill but i didnt remember what direction..So I was walking along a busy highway for a half hour or so with all my luggage! Finally, resigned, I walked into the lob Comfort Inn and asked the little asian man there if I could have a taxi number and subsequently, a taxi. Trouble rose when it became obvious this man wasn't fluent in english and I felt like Bill Murray in "Lost In Translation". Then enters an excitable young man who asks me what I need when the flustered asian man defers the conversation to him. He insists on calling me "Sir", which I can only assume is due to my mustache. I repeat my need for a taxi and immediately he offered me a hotel shuttle, mistaking my
luggage as evidence that I was a paying customer!
All budgetted travelers take note!
-AllOne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

The Power of Artistry (and art's poignancy in quarantine)