Preparing/announcing/thinking about the AllOne "Novembark" mini-tour 2016

Hey AllOne Family!
As of tonight I'm GOING BACK ON THE ROAD!! I've decided to name this one after a portmanteau, the NOVEMBARK TOUR! I've posted the dates and events below from 11/17-12/4 (yes I know..some of this is the DECEMBARK TOUR technically, call it what you like, just come on down to an event!).  I've decided to elaborate on a few little bits of information just in the event that it may help out anyone looking to do the same...

How did I Decide the Course?
The seed of the tour, aside from my intrinsic need for change and desire to get out on the road and meet people (see "Travel Baggage (Carry On)" ) was a message from my friend Miggs Son Daddy who happened to be coming up to NY and was looking for a show (we'll be performing together at The Velvet Lounge Open Mic Tuesday the 22nd as features!) and it got me thinking about where else I could travel and so I started booking feverishly!
For the first time, I've opted to drive and so without the restraints of the Megabus schedules and stops, I had freedom to do some of the logistically difficult (or probably stupid) routes. Some events were offered to me, such as the 11/19 fundraiser to help out my friend Biv from Kill The Inventors, and I knew that no matter where I was, I was going to make it home to be there for that because a friend in need trumps anything else, It also came to be that my friend Gina Tomitz (of "Caution To The Wind", "Will She Ever Change?" and "Spring: To Life!") has the joyous occasion of an engagement party so I wanted to stick around that day as well to celebrate!  Some stipulations were also that Thanksgiving was coming up so I wanted to stay nearby, so I'm jumping back and forth a lot.  Again, it was more about my desperate need for change and activity than making some sort of clear path or plan.  Sometimes flying by the seat of our pants is the only way to reach any sort of altitude, and frankly, that's fine for me, as I've felt like a grounded little kid lately, and not in the best ways!

How does one book a DIY tour?!
Seeing as many of my dates are still TBA or ended up being taken offers from my hometown, clearly I'm still figuring this out!  From the good and negative aspects of this and all experiences I could tell you that READING THIS BLOG I WROTE SHOULD HELP.  That particular article details my experiences and strategies when booking my 2014 "Onederlust" tour and the 2013 "little piano BIG MOUTH" tour.  One of the more obvious things is to reach out to friends in places you want to be in.  Establish the easier or target locations first. then branch out to fill the spaces between there.  I knew that my friends the Beshures would help as they're always kind enough to offer me a place to stay and that they'd endeavor to set something up whenever I come around.  Owen "Drent" had a few ideas in mind so I reached out to him.  I knew that my friend Jane LeCroy was very active in NYC so I reached out to her which got me the esteemed feature spot at Parkside Lounge, and I am indebted to her.  Dodgy Sorts, who had played a show with me several months ago offered to get me a show whenever I was around so I let him know I was looking for something, and Evan Bujold turned out to be even more helpful than I expected when it came to be that he was newly the man in charge of managing the music at a respected Syracuse venue (where we met) at Funk N Waffles!

Aside from reaching out to helpful friends, one of the most helpful resources has been DODIY.ORG which is indispensible!  Indie Music Bible turned out not to be as helpful as I'd like, mostly just a compilation of facebook pages and websites, many of which I found the links to be no longer relevant as the spaces or venues had closed down or perhaps changed site links.  Overall though, I believe my trouble with Indie Music Bible has a lot to do with the fact that what I do is unconventional and niche.  Not only to I make hip hop music, which a lot of bars/clubs/spaces don't particularly care for, but I also make a strain of that that is a little more fringe, so even the hip hop fans don't feel it meshes.  This isn't a complaint, but an observation. You will send countless emails and you will receive very few back, that's just how it goes.  Do not get discouraged.  People will disappoint you, do not be embittered.  Keep a humble head on your shoulders, nobody owes you anything and sometimes timelines don't work out.  That being said, I limit my research and questions to NOTHING.  I look up towns and see what friends lived there or went to school there and I reach out to see who knows who.  Doesn't matter if I've talked to them in a while, life happens and people get busy, everyone understands that!  You never know whose friend or family member might do shows in their basement or be in charge of booking at a desirable venue, and all a person has to do is a read a text or a message, respond back and maybe send one or two things to relay the information, it's not asking a lot of people, and if they say they can't help, just be courteous and thank them for their time and move on.

Where & when can you see me?

The Dates/Shows/Events:
11/17 Cafe 9, New Haven, CT with Drent, Dodgy Sorts, Average Citizen and Dave Delucia!
11/19 Katies' Bar, Smithtown, NY Fundraiser for Biv of Kill The Inventors
11/21 Parkside Lounge, Lower East Side NYC
11/22 Velvet Lounge in East Setauket, NY
11/23 Electric Maid in Washington, D.C. with Eli Lev and Nostromo
11/24 THANKSGIVING DAY
11/25 The Cup, Wantagh, NY with Eric Daino
11/27 News Cafe, Pawtucket, RI with Drent, Kleen Kutt, Nice, Jesse Ramos
11/28 Firehouse 13, Providence, RI MADCAP MONDAY with Drent & Kleen Kutt
11/29 TBA
11/30 TBA
12/1 TBA
12/2 Funk 'N' Waffles in Syracuse, NY with Attamizk and more TBA
12/3 House show in Rochester, NY with CU-CU


I'm very much looking forward to capitalizing on capriciousness and a sense of adventure, seeing new friends and places, catching up with old ones.  I also plan on capturing a lot of footage with my GoPro for a video so that will be a goal along the way as well!

Keep moving!
-Bruce "AllOne" Pandolfo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

The Power of Artistry (and art's poignancy in quarantine)