"Gil From London" (National Poetry Month poem-a-day) Day 29

Written by Bruce A. Pandolfo
4/30/2017

Karen, I know you're dreaming as I type this,
Funny, you're a dream yourself, you really are terrific
these last three weeks have been exquisite and exciting
Honey, I've been dreaming too of detours while on business...

I'm alighting right now, (to India, I'm flying)
Distracted, second guessing getting a second ticket,
Since my child and wife passed, I've also felt lifeless
Disagreeably you're grieving, but our symmetry so assisted
Unprecedented since the loss, I've found myself smiling,
You're the cause of course, could I repay with paying a visit?

In just a few days I could be in Los Angeles,
You've uniquely understood the pain's heaviness
your tenderness and empathy's innate readiness,
have healed my heart aches and strangely steadied it

and yet you've jump-started its invigorated pace
Sorry we can't easily speak on the phone
work has been hectic,
and yes, the pesky time zones

Don't hold it against me, so long we've longed for embrace,
I'll hold you against me, no longer alone
relish in our presence
before I fly home

Here's a number to contact me through Skype at your will
Honey, let me know your thoughts, I'm sure it'll be magic
Karen, I'm looking forward to it, warmly yours, Gil

p.s. I hope I can reach you in the event that anything happens.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

The Power of Artistry (and art's poignancy in quarantine)