An Exhausted But Excited Memphis Arrival

My friends!
Good evening from Memphis! I am actually happier and a bit more awake then this rather poor phone photo lets on! We just got off an eight hour bus ride (that I spent sitting cramped next to an odiferous fellow who had Forrest Gump's voice) it has been gloomy and rainy all day and we arrived in a brisk and drizzling Memphis night so I have yet to be able to share any interesting or beautiful landscapes or landmarks! On the ride I did enjoy finishing Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest which finalized Stieg Larssen's briliant trilogy!
I listened to
At The Drive In's "Relationship Of Command"
Sadistik's "Flowers For My Father"
and "The Art Of Dying"
The Vigilance Committee's "It's Deliverance"
and Illmaculate's "The Raincheck Mixtape"
I finished writing a verse for a yet unknown project or song and I started reading a collection of Nick Adams stories by Ernest Hemingway that I picked up in D.C. which I am really enjoying!
The best part of the trip was getting a facebook message from a woman who found my pocket notebook that I lost two days prior! I was devastated for reasons of privacy, creativity, sentimentality and meticulous orderliness. Pamela restored both my book, my
happiness and faith in people!
On another bus (public) to an open mic at Java Cabana!
FIND. GIVE.
-AllOne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

The Power of Artistry (and art's poignancy in quarantine)