Never a dull moment in Richmond!

Hello friends!!
I said goodbye to DC after reading and writing at length in the food court and admiring the architecture of Union Station (pictured below)! I met Alexa's very kind cousin Scott which was a pleasure, although brief. By now I had luckily assuaged our panic as we looked for a place to stay in Charlotte North Carolina, my generous friend Luke Johnson really came through and saved us from some nasty last minute misfortune due to miscommunication! So with that crisis avoided we embarked on the next leg of the trip with lighter hearts!
We got on the 8pm bus to Richmond (I took and enclosed a photo of the bus so you could have an idea of what our chariot of glory looks like!) My phone and Itouch were both dying and somehow we managed to share the one seat without electrical power, hence why I failed to update our progress earlier!
The two hour bus ride there was rather uneventful although there was some frustration with the customer service on the phone with mega bus for Alexa as she was trying to change one of her bus tickets later in the week. When we arrived in Richmond we were immediately struck by the site of this beautiful building which I have posted pictures of below!
There was a giant illuminated color changing sculpture that was reminiscent of an insect, the photos I attempted to take of it inevitably don't do the work justice, but they are below!
We suddenly found ourselves in the cold in the middle of a strange city in the middle of the night without my phone or Itouch and three hours to kill! Needless to say, I did what any exhausted freezing person would do... Clumsy parkour! We also stretched and complained, I practiced some song lyrics and we beat boxed, did birdcalls, told stories and jokes, explained lots of weird medical conditions we have and got excited for the show tomorrow at The Saloon at The Music Factory! We really lamented not having the luxury of having a show or the time to spend exploring Richmond as we imagined that during the day or weekend it was probably quite remarkable and charming.
My favorite thing we did was I had Alexa teach me how to play the toy piano part to my favorite song of hers "photographs" from her album "A Symphony Of Band-Aids For The Visionary Wound" which I encourage you all to buy! Check her music out at www.Alexadexa.com !
I also made up a theme song for that goes "I wanna be us... And get on the b-us" ! About two hours in and we were officially more exhausted than our bag of entertainment tricks as well as freezing and sore. We finally noticed around 12 midnight a neon sign that we figured was a bar and it was a diner that was unfortunately closed but across the street we saw a bar we had mailed called "Wonderland" that we had actually emailed to play a show at and got no response. It looked pretty cool from the outside and we joked about just barging in and playing anyway as we approached the venue. As soon as we opened the door and stepped inside we realized why we hadn't gotten a response. The place was dark and blacklit and all of the five patrons and the bartender looked like hardened bikers or punk rockers or death metal heads including the androgynous tough looking women! The decorum is really hard to communicate but if you remember Disney and Pixar's Toy Story, it was like Sid's wet dream! Among black light goop and zombie posters and cobwebs and horror movie props and characters , the majority of the decorations was all variety of severed doll oparts, skewered and mutilated plastic bodies and mobiles suspended from the ceiling made of baby doll heads! The whole scene wast rather unsettling and unbelievable and after perusing the lucid scene with my mouth agape in disbelief; I decided to seek refuge in the pizza place (creatively named exactly that) next door!
This pizza place was also peculiar, as, addition to pizza and all the ordinary wares And options you'd expect from a pizza plac they also sold medicines and cigarettes and condoms and the like.. Odd eh!? I got a regular and pepperoni slice and Alexa the vegan and I debated about pepperoni beneath the cheese and if it is intentionally made to ruin vegetarians and their ilk!
We hurriedly returned to the bus stop with ten minutes remaining and saw ours he only guy waiting for the bus with us take out and unroll a huge bag of white powder then ask us to watch his bag while he ran to but cigarettes!! Eek!
1:10 an rolled around and the bus did as well and now I am charging my phone and Itouch while typing this next to a sleeping Alexa! My body is sore and I'm exhausted we are due to end up in Charlotte at 7 am! I am eager to meet Luke and his housemates as well as to finally play a show! Will share more soon! Good night world! Thanks for tuning in!
There are always more new things to learn and do. Boredom is a decision you make nod a condition that has befallen you!
- AllOne









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2023 Booklist and Recommendations (with links)

DJ BMO & AllOne debut collaboration with "Anima Mundi" Remix!

Album Review: Alexa Dexa's "Year Of Abandon"